Finance Watch is an independent non-profit Members’ association set up in 2011 to act as a public interest counterweight to the powerful financial lobby. Our mission is to strengthen the voice of society in the reform of financial regulation by conducting advocacy and presenting public interest arguments to lawmakers and citizens. Our Members are civil society organisations and expert individuals, supported by a full-time secretariat.
- Finance Watch's advocacy promotes the public interest in financial regulation.
- We are fully independent and have no links with political parties or the financial industry.
- We have more than 70 Members including experts and civil society organisations that together represent millions of European citizens.
- Thousands of online supporters follow our work and support us from all around Europe. Become one of them!
- Our staff of 13 includes experienced investment bankers and former finance industry workers
- We are funded entirely by public donations, charitable gifts, grants and membership fees.
- In 2015, we submitted 19 policy interventions, attended more than 205 formal meetings with policymakers and financial industry representatives and were quoted in 226 news articles and broadcasts. Our Facebook and Twitter communities grew to 18,140 and 6,550. The 9,660 Friends of Finance Watch received 10 monthly newsletters.