Sollte es offene Stellen bei Finance Watch geben, finden Sie diese weiter unten auf dieser Seite aufgeführt. Von Initiativbewerbungen bitten wir Sie Abstand zu nehmen, da wir diese derzeit leider nicht in Betracht ziehen können.
Wenn Sie an einem Praktikum bei Finance Watch interessiert sind, füllen Sie bitte dieses Formular aus. Geeignete Kandidaten werden kontaktiert, sobald es freie Praktikantenste
Research and Advocacy officer: Capital Markets (and FinTech)
- Expertise: Capital Markets (and FinTech)
- Publication Date: 23/04/2018
- Location: Brussels
- Download as pdf
Finance Watch, the Brussels-based public interest advocacy association dedicated to making finance serve society, is looking for a capital markets expert to support its work on related EU legislation and setting the agenda for further reforms in this area.
The role combines research and advocacy tasks. The successful candidate will have 5-years’ experience of working in the financial sector and an interest in the European policymaking environment. The candidate will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the functioning of capital markets as part of the financial system and how it relates to consumers, end-users and society, and an understanding of Fintech and the challenges posed by digitalisation of finance.
The position is based at our offices in the European quarter in Brussels.
- Collect evidence and data, coordinate and produce research, delivering formats adapted to audiences with different levels of expertise.
- Respond to consultations and other solicitations in your area of expertise, working with the European Institutions as well as with other national and international financial actors.
- Contribute to coordinating work with FW members.
- Contribute to engaging a diverse group of stakeholders via various channels (bilateral contacts, workshops, social media, etc.) on the issues at stake, including policymakers, journalists, civil society representatives, experts and academics, in Brussels as well as EU member state capitals.
- Contribute to Finance Watch’s efforts to engage a wide audience on the issues at stake.
- Lead advocacy efforts in your area of expertise, including specific legislative recommendations.
- Represent Finance Watch in public.
Profile / Qualifications
- Be committed to Finance Watch’s mission.
- Relevant post-graduate and/or professional qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of additional languages will be an asset.
- Five years working experience in the financial sector (mandatory).
- Interest in Fintech and digitalisation of finance.
- Interest in the EU legislative process, with a focus on financial regulation.
- Ability to write on financial reform issues for audiences with various levels of expertise as well as to coordinate contributions coming from Finance Watch’s Members and other partners.
- Combine subject knowledge in key areas of finance with the interest and ability to work in close collaboration with Finance Watch Members as well as a broader group of civil society organizations, policymakers, academics and pioneers in sustainable business and finance.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Team player.
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment.
- High exposure to a large and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Opportunity to influence the international agenda on financial reform.
Equal employment opportunity
Finance Watch is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short motivation letter answering to the following questions:
What are the main reasons that motivate you to work for Finance Watch?
What are your main achievements?
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
Interviews will take place in Brussels, starting as soon as possible.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 15 May 2018