The problem: at a glance
A practical, powerful solution
The one-for-one rule is a solution that deserves attention. It is one of the most effective and fast-to-implement policy levers available to world leaders today to help safeguard the stability of the global economy and address climate risks.
We are calling on world leaders to protect us from a potential financial crisis, urging them to take action now.
Read our letters to:
- The President of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26)
- The President of the Council of Ministers of the G20
- Leaders of the European Union, the United States of America and the United Kingdom
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- The International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Members of European Parliament
- European Union Finance Ministers
Keep up the pressure on key decision makers
Read more about Finance Watch’s work on climate risk
Here are Finance Watch’s proposals on how to tackle the link between climate change and financial instability in the banking and insurance sectors: