In light of the lingering pandemic, impending green and digital transitions and one year into the Gender Equality Strategy, Finance Watch invites you to discuss with high-level experts the gender-based barriers to financial and social inclusion.
Finance Watch Dialogues are a platform that Finance Watch offers to its Members to make their own contribution to EU financial policy debates.
- Marcella Corsi, Professor of Economics, Coordinator of Minerva – Laboratory on Diversity Gender Inequality, Sapienza University of Rome
- Patricia Suárez Ramirez, President and founder of financial consumers association, ASUFIN
- Emily Glantz, Research and Advocacy Assistant, Finance Watch (Moderator)
Finance Watch is delighted to invite you to attend an expert-led virtual Dialogue on The Gender Perspective in Financial Inclusion: a Key to Social Inclusion and Equality for all EU Residents on Tuesday, October 26 from 10 to 11 a.m.
This Finance Watch Dialogue will feature interventions from the Commissioner for Equality, Helena Dalli, as well as from Finance Watch Members with specific expertise on the nexus between gender equality and the different layers and dimensions of vulnerabilities that can lead to financial exclusion during an individual’s lifetime, particularly in the case of women.
Our agenda features presentations on:
- The gender dimension of household over-indebtedness: an exploration of the negative effects of societally constructed gender norms and circumstances
- Barriers to access of basic financial services: the roadblocks to full and active participation in society
- The digitalisation of retail financial services and the marginalisation of women
Following the presentations, attendees will have the opportunity to pose questions and discuss the issues at hand.
We hope you will be able and willing to join us as we explore the barriers to financial inclusion experienced by women – a broad and multidimensional group – and create a space to evaluate the next steps necessary in the EU’s work to enhance equality of rights, opportunities and access for all.
Please follow this link to register your attendance and add this event to your calendar. This dialogue is open to all Finance Watch Members and the public. Feel free to pass along this invitation to interested colleagues. Please reach out to my associate Emily Glantz with any questions, comments or concerns.
“Finance Watch Dialogue: Gender Perspective in Financial Inclusion: a key to social inclusion and equality for all EU residents”Online - Finance Watch firstname.lastname@example.org aDFdtugMkzeEXUhHCmVG49806