The role combines research and advocacy tasks. The successful candidate will have 5-years proven experience of working in the financial sector. The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how the financial system relates – positively or negatively – to public interest in general and sustainability goals (e.g. COP21, SDGs) in particular, along with the ability to work at a European and global policy level. Knowledge of prudential regulation and/or recent policy and other initiatives in the field of sustainable / conservation / natural capital finance is a plus.
The position is based at our offices next to the European quarter in Brussels.
- Lead advocacy efforts in your area of expertise, including specific legislative recommendations
- Present your work and represent Finance Watch in public
- Coordinate and produce research, delivering formats adapted to audiences with different levels of expertise, respond to consultations and other solicitations from the EU institutions as well as from EU member states in your area of expertise
- Contribute to coordinating work with FW members and strengthening cooperation between member organisations
- Contribute to engaging a diverse group of stakeholders via various channels (bilateral contacts, workshops, social media, etc.) on the issues at stake, including policymakers, journalists, civil society representatives, experts and academics
- Contribute to Finance Watch’s efforts to engage a wide audience on the issues at stake
Profile / Qualifications
- Be committed to Finance Watch’s mission.
- Relevant post-graduate and/or professional qualification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of additional languages will be an asset.
- Five to ten years working experience in the financial sector (private or public)
- Strong team player, results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to write (on financial reform issues) for audiences with various levels of expertise as well as to coordinate contributions coming from Finance Watch’s Members and other partners.
- Policy / advocacy experience
- Combine subject knowledge in key areas of finance with interest and ability in working in close collaboration with Finance Watch Members as well as a broader group of civil society organisations, policymakers, academics and pioneers in sustainable business and finance.
- Project management experience
- A full-time permanent contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment.
- High exposure to a large and diverse set of stakeholders.
- Opportunity to influence the international agenda on sustainability and finance
Equal employment opportunity
Finance Watch is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A short motivation letter answering to the following questions:
- What are the main reasons that motivate you to work for Finance Watch?
- What are your main achievements?
Any incomplete application will be disregarded. Send your application by email to: email@example.com. Please quote “Application for Senior Research and Advocacy officer” in the title of your e-mail.
Interviews will take place in Brussels, starting as soon as possible.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2019